- Lynn Graznak
- 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2019
Enter your DAMNED statement below. Please note that only text is allowed (no HTML). We prefer that your statement relates to your views of and/or experiences with being a part of DAMNED. Feel free to share any thoughts of attending the DAMNED events, the DAMNED friendships you may have created and and/or how DAMNED may have affected you as an artist.
- Damned II was where I "came out" as being an Artist. Previously, I identified only as a Mom/Homemaker and didn't think that anyone would possibly be interested in the strange, dark assemblage art pieces that I had only just begun to create, utilizing granny-craft, roadside junk and bloody chunks of my heart's pain. What a revelation to be actually WELCOMED as maker of terror and weirdness! Attending that extraordinary, raven-black-fire-red event was a turning point in my life. My before-I-die list now includes coming halfway across the continent, again, to attend another Damned, when the Plague subsides and we can once more go out and travel in the actual meatmobiles that we call ourselves. Although I am currently mostly working on writing and illustrating my own books, I have not given up on making constructions-- in fact, many of the illustrations involve photos of constructed (and DEstructed) artworks. All you spectacular Damned people, please stay well and stay WEIRD!
Submit up to 3 images of exhibited artwork below. NOTE: All uploaded images MUST have been exhibited at DAMNED.
- Title 1
- Felted Vessel I
- Medium 1
- wet and dry felting, assemblage, poetry
- Title 2
- Confronting Mortality
- Medium 2
- assemblage, dyeing, felting, poetry
- Title 3
- Mermaid Rabbit
- Medium 3
- assemblage, sewing construction, felting, poetry
OPTIONAL: Share your portfolio link and links to any social media you may have below. Begin each link with "http://" in order for the links to work properly.