- Sya Reed
- 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Enter your DAMNED statement below. Please note that only text is allowed (no HTML). We prefer that your statement relates to your views of and/or experiences with being a part of DAMNED. Feel free to share any thoughts of attending the DAMNED events, the DAMNED friendships you may have created and and/or how DAMNED may have affected you as an artist.
- If I was a writer instead of a visual artist, I'd wax poetic about how much it has changed me as an artist, expound on the qualities of the wonderful people who run the show using Elizabethan sonnets and switch to Italian sonnets to thank them for inviting me to express myself—to share my observations, both within and without, no matter how strange —to welcome the darkness to dwell with the light. But I'm not a writer, as my run-on sentence may have given away, I am an artist—an artist who is proud to have had art exhibited at DAMNED over the years alongside so many brilliant artists and performers—an artist who wants to sincerely thank all of those involved in putting on such an entertaining and provocative exhibit, as well as the Masquerade Ball, year after year. It's something my partner-in-crime and I anticipate all year leading up to the event. Fall means madly planning our wear for the evening. If I was a writer instead of an artist, this might have been longer, a tad more introspective and moody, perhaps possessing the rhythmic pentameter of a popular rapper, like Killer Mike. But I'm an artist, so you'll just have to wait until next year's DAMNED.
Submit up to 3 images of exhibited artwork below. NOTE: All uploaded images MUST have been exhibited at DAMNED.
- Title 1
- Family Portrait: Our Growing Insanities
- Medium 1
- Acrylic and watercolor
- Title 2
- Mounted: The Sacrificial Blood of the Innocent
- Medium 2
- Wood cross mounted on plaster tile, handmade paper, wood, acrylic, modeling paste, glaze
- Title 3
- Mutant Lily
- Medium 3
- Polymer clay in wood frame